1. Cut the pumpkin into cubes.
2. Sprinkle the pumpkin with the sugar and salt and leave it to release its juices.
3. Otherwise it can be placed in a hot oven for 25 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, lightly fry the chopped onion, then add the pumpkin until lightly browned.
5. Add the water and stock cube and cook until the pumpkin cubes have softened and the water has reduced by half.
6. Puree in a blender, place again on the heat adding the fresh cream or yogurt, salt, pepper and paprika
7. In a separate container soften the halloumi by pouring hot water over it.
8. Serve the soup with the halloumi cubes and a few drops of olive oil as garnish.
Recipe by Executive Chef Demetris Alexandrou